The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Availability Filters and Overdue Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi All,

Finding myself a bit perplexed ATM. I have created a project. Sequential. Each item has a deferred date/time and a due time. They are all daily repeating. So I have completed 9 of 10 items. The last item is now 1 hour overdue. If I go to the project and set filter to available I don't see it. Set to remaining and I see all 10 items. 9 are ready for tomorrow and number 10 is overdue. I would expect to see this 10th overdue item in both the available filter and the next item filter. But it's in neither. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.
Mark

Sequential takes precedence over the due date in the available view setting in my experience. A tasks with a due date is not considered available if it is preceded by another tasks in a sequential list regardless of its due/overdue status. If possible, can you set the project or a subsection of the project to parallel and let their availability be controlled by the due dates? There could be many ways to address varying structures using a combination of sequential and parallel functionality. Otherwise, if this is not possible, you would probably need to setup a custom perspective to allow you to view buried tasks which are due in sequential lists.

What Dale says should be considered first. Are you making sequential action groups when you really mean to make parallel ones?

What surprises me otherwise based on your statement is that a task does not appear available or next even when you have completed all of the (sequential) tasks before it.

Are you certain that a Defer Date set on the task or the entire action group is not blocking?