The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Writing with OmniOutliner for iPad and Wndows Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
We all know that OmniOutliner for iPad doesn't play nicely with Microsoft Word. Rather than wait for Omni's parents to correct this aberrant behaviour I have been looking for a good way to incorporate OO into a writer's workflow. More particularly a writer who--despite having used Macs for over 20 years--has found himself in the world of Wndows.

I believe I have finally cracked this nut!

The answer is: Scrivener.

The Windows beta of Scrivener by Literature and Latte (available on their forums) imports OPML documents directly. Now I can go straight from OmniOutliner to serious writing in very few steps. I can even throw some iThoughts HD goodness into the mix.

I haven't ironed out all of the details yet but my first go at it produced wholly satisfying results. If one doesn't write much then Scrivener can be overkill and I still think Omni needs to support Word more directly but for my needs, this is gorgeous.

Last edited by HappyCatMachine; 2012-12-06 at 01:08 AM..

Scrivener is great! I've been using it a lot lately, but I haven't tried to import any of my Outliner documents..yet.