The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Cost Estimates for Milestones or Groups Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I see the cost estimate for the whole project. Is it possible to see the cost estimate for a grouping or milestone (i.e. just 'development' instead of the whole project)?

Thanks!

I guess you could expand this question - I'm a little confused about how costs and resources work.

For instance, I have a bunch of tasks in a milestone, say 'app' and that milestone is one of a few in a group, say 'development'.

The tasks have time estimates. They are attached to a resource that has an hourly cost.

I can see an overall project cost estimate but if I look at any of the specific containers (i.e. 'development' or 'app'), I can't seem to see a cost for that component.

For milestones and groups, I have the option to add extra 'Task Cost' but it's not clear what that cost is supposed to be attached to if not the resources via the tasks.

I'm guessing I'm just looking in the wrong place. I did read the manual but it doesn't seem to cover everything. Are there other documents I should read? Is the Mac manual useful for understanding some of this stuff? I've never used OmniPlan before the iPad app.

Thanks!