The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Performance and iPhone 4.0 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've been test driving Things on both my Mac and iPhone. Love the speed and the simplicity of the iPhone interface. I think there is a lot to be learned from what they've done.

one thing that strikes me is the performance difference in starting OF is quite slow compared to Things. Hopefully that will be better when the (rumored) iPhone HD arrives just because of processor speed.

My question though is, since iPhone 4.0 can do multitasking, I presume I can just open up OF and leave it open. If so, I'd guess this would pretty much wipe out any start up time, correct?

J.

Yes, that's correct. OmniFocus can just stay idle in the background on 4.0 (if you have recent hardware which is capable of multitasking), and be immediately ready when you switch back to it.

I have a 3G but my plan is to upgrade on this cycle and then to get an iPad as well.

Now, if you just implement hierarchical tags in the next version, local notifications, and the ability to email single and selection of actions from the iPhone (and mac).... I'll be a very, very happy guy.

J.

JohnJ80, you may find this post to be of interest.

(Note: I do not want to re-open that discussion in this thread; just trying to ensure relevant information is made available on our forums.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
JohnJ80, you may find this post to be of interest.

(Note: I do not want to re-open that discussion in this thread; just trying to ensure relevant information is made available on our forums.)
I think the local notifications things has been discussed. What about the emailing of actions?

J.