The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How do I put a horizontal line in a notes field? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
There is a great screencast ( also linked elsewhere on the omni forums) by SimplicityIsBliss on using OF with text expander to update notes on delegated projects.

In it he puts in a horizontal line and below that inserts a date & time stamp.

How do put a horizontal line in the notes field?

Or create the snippet in text expander?

Thanks

Phil

Great idea on using text expander for this. To get the horizontal line I just typed in a line (the _ above the hyphen on the keyboard) all the way across the screen when making the snippet in text expander. It worked fine. The snippet looks like this:

You can make the horizontal line however long you want.

Thanks for the swift response, I was hoping there was a 'trick' to get a line that ran horizontally to fill the width of the note box, re-sizing if the box was re-sized. A bit like the HR tag in HTML.

Your suggestion is great to get me started - I must remind mysel that life is iterative, I can always change it if the perfect solution appears.

Thanks again