The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

mail.app to OF Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have mail tags. mail act-on and OF installed. Was working OK, something happened and now it takes many minutes to create a new action in OF using the mail act-on rule. I am noob to OSX, OF and everything else. Frustrating.

Any suggestions on a quick, simple, fast, transparent way to do the following:
a) highlight a mail message
b) create a task for that email in OF
c) link in OF to that email msg
d) move that msg to a folder of choice.

Obviously this is what all these add-ons do, but taking several minutes per message is insane. Stuff eventually gets there but why on earth does it take so long? This should be a very quick and painless process, don't you think?

R

And it is very quick and painless, for me at least.

Tell us, what version of OSX are you using. If using mail act-on, I'm assuming you aren't using Leopard (those statements about backing up mail in Leopard if using mail act-on are enough to keep me away - but that's me).

However, I'm curious about your "something happened" - was there some hardware/software event that you are aware of?

thanks for the reply.

my guess is that 'notetaker' software did something. i uninstalled it and got the proper actions back, but it still seems sort of kludgy to add mailtags, mail act on to get such a major workflow working smoothly (i.e. email to omnifocus).

on leopard 10.5.

so what is smoothest simplest easiest way to link conquer this workflow?

rob

I think the simplest, easiest way in Leopard is to only use Apple Mail and OmniFocus without the additional plugins. That's what I've been doing all along and I've never seen a problem; it's been quick, painless, and virtually effortless, and still is.

On the other hand, if you need some of the other capabilities provided by the Mail plugins, and you can't live without them, I don't know what to tell you.