The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Order autocomplete by most accessed Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
The location autocomplete is driving me nuts. In Firefox, it orders the sites in autocomplete by most accessed or most recently accessed or something. OmniWeb organizes them alphabetically.

The reason alphabetically is not working for me is that I have a number of sites I visit that use subdomains, but the page that I usually want is the root "www" one. If OmniWeb had a simple algorithm to order the autocomplete by what I'm most likely to want (what I've visited the most/possibly most recently) then I wouldn't have to type out the entire dang address or have to arrow down through a huge list of locations.

As an example, take this website. If I want to visit the Omni site, I type Omni in the location bar. The main site (which I visit most) is not even in the first few entries; instead it's all blog and forum entries that I'll probably never visit again.

Anyway, I would love it if Omniweb had an option that allowed me to make it behave like Firefox in this regard.

Thanks for reading my suggestion!