The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Serious question re OW & Shiira Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
It seems that the development of Shiira has ground to a halt. The developer, however, has come up with some really nice and innovative UI-ideas. I would be a shame if those innovations got lost somehow.

My question to OmniGroup is therefor: would you consider/see yourself adopting (some of) Shiira's UI-ideas. personally I think a mix of OmniWeb's features and (some of) Shiira's UI-ideas would make for an even more stunning browsing experience.

Look forward to hearing from you on this

(I'm not a programmer, so perhaps what I want may be too difficult and/or time consuming. In that case, so be it)

Care to point out any specific features?

FWIW I'd nominate the Full-Screen view (again!), though I'm not sure the HUDs really offer anything of value.

Ok... i have two nominations here.

My fist nomination is for the Shiira-style tab sidebar. (Formal request here)

Second nomination is for the donwloads, history and bookmarcs UI style.

You can't minimise those windows. No good.

Personally, I would prefer for things like the downloads, activity and history to appear in a sidebar /drawer or as a new tab, due to how craply Spaces is working in 10.5.x. I'm getting really tired of having to move the focus back to the main window any time I switch from and back to my 'OmniWeb' space.

Sorry for the late reply.

Things I like about shiira are the overall look & feel of the gui, visual loading of thumbnails, exposé for open tabs, the bookmarks manager, the shelf.

I just feel if OW had Shiira's gui it would make for an even more pleasant browsing experience.