The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus and Salesforce.com Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Looking to get into CRM and would like it to link with my GTD (OF) I don't have to use SF (but it sure is popular)

I suppose it's all down to wanting one centralised place to store next actions?

Surely SF has some sort of alert / reminder function? Do I need to chase my tail trying to configure an app to app linked CRM and GTD system? trying to have a reality check. Comments / ideas?

Thanks

We've gotten a few requests for integration with Salesforce - it's always a good idea for interested parties to email the support ninjas and add themselves to that request. Items with more customers attached tend to get higher priority.

I find myself in this exact situation. I'm very curious as to whether anyone figured out a way to integrate salesforce.com and Omnifocus. I have a massive amount of frustration trying to figure out how to juggle multiple task managers. I would love to make OF the hub for everything I do, but entering in tasks in both SFDC and OF is terribly inefficient. Any suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochen Witte View Post
If this is supposed to be a vote: Me too...
It's not. As Brian said a few posts earlier, contact the support ninjas to add your "vote".

I have entered my vote, but I was hoping to hear from people regarding the bigger issue of managing multiple task managers. I'm curious from a workflow/productivity standpoint. Do you enter in every task twice (once in OF and once in whatever other task manager you're using)? Do you just use OF for things that don't fit into the realm of the other task manager software/application?

This matters a great deal to me because, for what seems like the umpteenth time, I am trying to create the most efficient routine for integrating OF into my life. I have it on my laptop, desktop (at work), iPhone and iPad, yet I keep finding myself almost dreading to use it because it feels like I won't be able to manage everything properly. I have never spent enough time setting up Perspectives (always done on an ad hoc basis and usually never done well) and I have so many different context concepts (work/phone/home vs. do/research/communicate) that it feels like a legacy system that is just past its prime.

This is a very long-winded cry for help. I'd definitely appreciate an OF sherpa or guru to offer any advice that can help.