The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Last call for OmniFocus 1.7 feedback! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
We're getting very close to declaring 1.7 done. That's not to say we think it's perfect, or that we're stopping work on 1.7.x (in fact, we've already started on 1.7.1)—it just indicates that we think 1.7 is now better than 1.6 and everyone ought to be using it instead of 1.6.

Any last minute feedback before we declare 1.7 ready to ship?

Perspectives no longer save my selected context(s).

Quote:
Originally Posted by picnichouse View Post
Hey picnic —*it seems to be working fine for me. Would you mind sending in more information to omnifocus@omnigroup.com?

(Perhaps throw in a screenshot or two! :) )

Quote:
Originally Posted by picnichouse View Post
This works for me. Are you checking the "Restore Selection" box in the perspectives window for the context in question?

Curt

Am I the only one who doesn't like the new look of the filter bar? Besides being too dark, it uses too much screen estate for my taste. (Hiding and unhiding it all the time is not an option for me.)

PS: I also think the new artwork on the OF website is too dark. (It looks like artwork for some game to me.) I think you should have sticked with the yellow paper-oriented artwork of the 1.5 manual.

It's a small thing, but sidebar counts are sometimes misaligned within their bubbles (vertically and horizontally). Strangely, not all numbers are misaligned, just some. And it seems more noticeable on small font sizes (e.g. I have my sidebar set to Lucida Grande 11pt.)

Submitted as feedback just under a week ago (OG #463979).

-Dennis

I already submitted this as a feature request, and I'm not sure if it belongs here.

The only thing missing from OF is using the built in dock badges. I just love the standard parts of Mac OS X.

Oh, one more niggling cosmetic issue: love the new attachment file names but they can get a bit out of control if the file has a very long name. Maybe they could be wrapped or truncated with full reveal on mouse-over? Or maybe have the option to position the label to the right of the icon, as can be done in the Finder?

I've been meaning to submit this as feedback but never got around to it.

-Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadling View Post
It's a small thing, but sidebar counts are sometimes misaligned within their bubbles (vertically and horizontally). Strangely, not all numbers are misaligned, just some. And it seems more noticeable on small font sizes (e.g. I have my sidebar set to Lucida Grande 11pt.)

Submitted as feedback just under a week ago (OG #463979).
Thanks for the reference number. I just looked up the message, and discovered that it was accidentally filed along with some feedback from 1.6 that we thought we'd already addressed for 1.7. (Engineering had passed it on to QA before your feedback was added.)

I've split your feedback off into its own new bug (<bug://bugs/55639> (Numbers in 1.7's sidebar item count badges should be better centered)), but it might have to wait for 1.7.1 at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by porschestrasse View Post
The only thing missing from OF is using the built in dock badges. I just love the standard parts of Mac OS X.
I'm not sure I understand… OmniFocus does use a dock badge to show the due item count…

Oh, wait, I think I see: you mean the standard dock badges which were introduced in 10.5? Since OmniFocus 1.x still supports 10.4, we can't use them yet, but we'll look into switching to them for OmniFocus 2 (which will require 10.6).

(However, one downside of the 10.5 badges is that they don't allow you to specify the color of the badge, which is how we currently indicate whether the count refers to overdue vs. coming due.)