The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Can I "color" the Topic name? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Okay, here's a beginner's question. Whenever I color the "Topic" of a new outline, the color reverts back to black when I click out of the box. What am I doing wrong?

I found out how to color the title, so can I ask another question instead?

How do I "keep typing" in a cell I've already left.... I need to start a new line or paragraph but when I hit return it makes a new cell.

If I change the shortcut for 'return' to 'give me another line' (or whatever it says), instead of 'give me a new cell', how do I get a new cell?

If you have the default setting that pressing return gets you a new row, press option-return and you'll get a blank line in the current row instead of a new row. If you have the setting that pressing return gets you a blank line in the current row, pressing option-return will get you a new row. Set the preference whichever way you like it, and when you need it the other way, hold down option when pressing return.

Reorganize->Add Row will always add a new row, if you don't mind involving the mouse.