The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Feat. Req. - Audio inbox item [Request on file - email Ninjas & ask to be attached.] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello.

Often I use omnifocus for iphone while driving a car to add inbox item (because I have a lot of time to think and get many new ideas). It is absolutely inconvenient to type the name for inbox item. Audio recording is the best way to save the idea. But I should make the number of actions to do it:
1. press the button for creation inbox item
2. scroll down the screen to see button for audio record
3. press audio record
4. press the button to stop recording
5. press save button.

It is a long way. Would be pretty nice to add, for example, button on the top of the inbox item creation form for creating inbox item with type "audio". A sequence of actions would be like this:
1. press the button for creation inbox item
2. press the button on the top of the inbox item creation form to start record audio memo. After that on the screen is shown a big button to stop recording.
3. press big button for saving record (after that inbox item gets auto generated name, e.g. "Audio record 1"; inbox item is saved and closed, you can repeat these steps to add another audio inbox item).

My english is not good, I hope you will understand what I wanted to say.

Thanks.

The closer OF iPhone gets to being a 2011 version of Dale Coopers dictaphone the better many of us will feel :-)

- Lift Device
- Press large fumble proof button
- Utter something intriguing
- save

I know we've got a feature request open on something like this; interested parties should email the Support Ninjas to make sure their feedback gets recorded. Items with more customers attached tend to get assigned higher priority. Thanks!

(We cover the forums as we're able on top of our other duties, but threads do sometimes get overlooked. If you email us, you're guaranteed a response and that your feedback will get filed.)