The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Omni Focus & Contactizer & iLife Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Absolutely loving Omni Focus - the best thing I've found since my old Time Manager ring bound diary. Just looking at my workflow for coming projects and looking at the best way to do it, so any input would be welcome:

I dump everything into OF and know I'll be able to find it again. But I have the requirement of some kind of contact manager to do the following:

Produce mail merge stuff for direct mail
Schedule calls to people and alert me when due
Enable me to record details of conversations etc

I know OF won't do this, but wondered what thoughts were on Contactizer and how I might integrate it with OF, if at all.

Alternatively, should I buy iLife for mail merging with Address Book and create lots of groups to merge letters through iLife?

All the best,

Neill W

Contactizer asks to take over "date book" and "task list" services. It also asks to add a calendar called Contactizer Pro to iCal.

Not sure that it's causal, but after allowing these settings I can no longer sync OmniFocus with iCal and Mail. I've tried removing everything I can think of, but can't seem to find a way to remove the calendar Contactizer Pro from OmniFocus' sync panes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Rye View Post
Contactizer asks to take over "date book" and "task list" services. It also asks to add a calendar called Contactizer Pro to iCal.

Not sure that it's causal, but after allowing these settings I can no longer sync OmniFocus with iCal and Mail. I've tried removing everything I can think of, but can't seem to find a way to remove the calendar Contactizer Pro from OmniFocus' sync panes.
I'm running a demo of the latest version and I don't have that problem. The main issue I see is that I can't think of a way to make OF and Contactizer share the same calendar. If you could do that, then you could sync activities between the two apps and that would work well. I have a Contactiser calendar, plus all the OF context calendars. If I could get the two to share, for example, OF: Phone, that would be a Good Thing.

Regards

Neill

Hi an interesting thread;

Here's my scenario:
  • I use Contactizer for contact management (it uses the address book database, so no need for syncing, it's always in sync), which it does well, but right now the calendar is clunky -- at least I want to be able to use iCal to create tasks (e.g. from Leopard Mail).
  • I use OmniFocus for tasks. Since I don't need my tasks in contactizer (I don't have anyone to delegate to anyways), I keep them ouside the Contactizer calendar (contactizer only syncs with that one calendar in ical, which is a bit of a drag, but I'm hoping for better integration in the future).
  • iCal remains as the hub. So the combination Contactizer (contact management), and Omnifocus (projects and actions, soft landscape) works well for me. In short, I sync my events between iCal and Contactizer (which keeps me to a single calendar in iCal) and my tasks with OmniFocus.

Works for me so far. Omnifocus and Contactizer don't interfere with each other, because they sync with different calendars in iCal. And I have all information in iCal to be synced with my laptop.

Best,
Jeanne

That's kind of what I was working towards. I like OF so much that I'm becoming paranoid about putting information anywhere else, hence the reluctance to go with Contactizer.

I think I'll thrash it hard in the demo period and decide at the end if I'll put it into my workflow with OF.

Regards

Neill