The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to draw forms containing text and images side-by-side? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Background
I have switched to the Mac platform half a year ago. On windows I have used MindManager extensively and happily. My main purpose in using a mapping software is to organize knowledge. MindManager for Mac is pretty disappointing compared to the Windows version and it is inconvenient using the Windows version within Parallels Desktop as it seems not to be possible to simple drag an object or text onto the map. Therefore I am looking for alternative software.

Problem
I would like to add topics with text and an image to the left or right of the topic. This is basic functionality in MindManager. It is easy building this kind of form using groups in OmniGraffle, however, I cannot drag stencil groups to existing topics that easily. How to replicate this behavior for forms?
The image should be within the form. The form should adapt to the text length. I have played around with all the options in the inspector, however, applying an offset moves the text outside of the form. Applying an offset to images is limited by using percentage which does not work with different text length.
Could someone please help with adjusting parameters for setting up this basic kind of form - or simply state that this cannot be done in the current version.

Thanks, Thomas