The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Applescript and layers strangeness Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello Grafflers,

Executing this line of my script:

get every graphic of layer 1 of canvas of front_doc

gives:

{{graphic id 320 of canvas id 1 of document "webLayout2" of application "OmniGraffle Professional 5"}}

when I know this graphic is in layer 2. It's the red graphic in the attached png, if that shows up. The png shows that layer 2 contains only 1 graphic which is the one I'm after. Layer 1 contains all the other un-coloured shapes. Why is Applescript saying the red shape is in layer 1? I have a workaround (swap the layers around) but I'm puzzled by this behaviour. Any thoughts anyone?

Cheers,
Captain Fatty
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	graffle error.png
Views:	414
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	1329  

Phew! No replies yet.

The post-post effect works again. Minutes after posting the answer appears unbidden, as if by magic, and this one caused a few chuckles.

Of course the name of the layer is the default name, ie "layer 1", "layer 2" etc but this has no link whatsoever with the id of the layer, 1, 2 etc. So my red shape was in layer id 2, name "Layer 1". Duh! Which is why swapping the layers around worked. Honestly, I think I'm too good for this game. I should have gone into landscape gardening or something.

Cheers,
Fatty