The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Showing groups in context view Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there any way I can have the group task show up in context view?

Thanks,
Miscka

Go to the OmniFocus preferences, click on the Data tab, check "In Context Mode: [] Show Projects and Action Groups"

Thanks!!!!

For some reason, the action group is still not showing up on context view. In order to see the action group, I need to set the filter to "Remaining".

Is this working as intended? Or is there a way to see the action group with the filter set to Available?

Thanks!
Mischka

The group itself isn't available until its contents have been completed, so this is expected behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
The group itself isn't available until its contents have been completed, so this is expected behavior.
Which is pretty goofy, really :-) This makes task groups pretty cruddy. The differences in behavior between task groups and projects, frankly, stinks. You can get absolutely no contextual information out of task groups when you're in context mode. They exist _only_ so they'll pop in and you can check them off once you've completed all subtasks, should you have it set that way in preferences.

If you only work with Available tasks in context mode, yeah, you aren't going to see them in advance. Depending on your use of contexts and grouping, you might also not get much benefit.

I think if you look carefully, both of my answers are correct, even if they aren't what you want ;-)