The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Auto Display of PDF documents? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Running that command should do the trick. Make sure you don't have any extra characters in there.

Code:
defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniWeb5 WebKitOmitPDFSupport -bool FALSE

Ditto. Mine don't open in OW and I don't want them to. I prefer the old way. I really think this should be an OW pref, not messing around in Terminal. Also, at this point, it doesn't seem to work for some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogcows View Post
I prefer for my PDF's to just download rather than open when I click on them in OW. How do I turn off the auto view feature?

Thanks in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtruett1 View Post
Ditto. Mine don't open in OW and I don't want them to. I prefer the old way. I really think this should be an OW pref, not messing around in Terminal. Also, at this point, it doesn't seem to work for some.
I should add that at this point I have the worst of both worlds. Every pdf link asks me to locate Adobe Reader. When I do so, I get a nice gray page instead of a PDF. And it isn't downloading anymore.

Quote:
There is a preference for enabling and disabling opening PDFs in the browser under the display preferences in OmniWeb 5.7.

Quote:
I should add that at this point I have the worst of both worlds. Every pdf link asks me to locate Adobe Reader. When I do so, I get a nice gray page instead of a PDF. And it isn't downloading anymore.
It sounds like you have an old version of Adobe Reader installed. If you update to the newest version (8.1 or later) OmniWeb and other non-Safar WebKit based browsers are actually supported. You can also uncheck the Adobe Reader plug-in in the OmniWeb plug-in preference pane and restart to correct this problem.

Yes, i did have AR 7.5 installed and just upgraded it. I really like OW 5.7. Nice icons and I like having the option in Prefs. Definitely a nice look with the gray address bar and the new icons.