The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to search entire database? [Answer: see thread] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When I want to jump to another job or find another piece of data that is not in the current view; or I've finished working on a particular job and want to find the next by keyword, must I reset the view to 'All' for the search to be effective?

peter

In my experience, search works on whatever project(s) are in focus at the time. Clicking on library first will search all folders and projects listed in the side bar. So, not only do you need to set the focus on the folder or project desired (or library for all) but also need to select the project status desired from the top of the sidebar.

I believe we have a feature request open for an additional "search all" or "global search" option; folks that want to see that added should email the support ninjas and vote for it.

In the meantime, the methods suggested in the previous posts should work.

Editing the thread title to make it easier for folks looking for this feature to find the thread.

Last edited by Brian; 2009-05-11 at 05:18 PM.. Reason: add email link

thanks jbkendrick - thanks for confirming my suspicions - I had been limping along thinking I hadn't reached the right kink in my learning curve :-)

will vote as brian suggests

peter

thanks brian - please view parallel post , thanks for the link and for editing thread title

peter