The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Scripts for Integrating OmniFocus with DEVONthink 2 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Rob Trew...I'm moderately new to these forums, so apologize if I wasn't clear. I realize the scripts are as is. I wasn't asking if you would modify them for me, but rather if the behavior I described was what you were seeing, and if so can it be modified by tweaking the script. So without reproducing my VERY wordy prior post...is it possible to change the producing of an "extra" untitled OO file, stop the opening of a new DT window (rather than just making the database active in the existing window), and making the DT file tree visible on the script launching it? The same with regards to "streamlining." I wasn't asking you to streamline it for me...but rather if it was possible to streamline it in the manner I described.

If so, I will attempt to modify the scripts myself. If not I won't waste my time (or yours by asking questions about your script that you know are impossible).

If you don't have the time to address these...also understandable. I know everyone on these forums is busy...or else they wouldn't be using OF to it's most efficient function.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpwhistler View Post
is it possible to change the producing of an "extra" untitled OO file
This is not by design, and I haven't seen it myself. Will try to reproduce it when I get a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpwhistler View Post
is it possible to ... stop the opening of a new DT window (rather than just making the database active in the existing window), and making the DT file tree visible
Certainly desirable, but my recollection is that the DevonThink scripting interface doesn't make this possible at present. More an issue for the DT forum than this one, perhaps.

--

Hi,

These scripts are very useful. I want to change the path so that the DT database resides in my Dropbox folder.

I am probably being immensely stupid but I cant see how to change the script to get this to work. I cant even see where the path is defined in the script! I can guarantee that even if I did know this, I'd write the wrong path and the script wouldn't run.

I'd be really grateful if someone could give me an idiot's guide to doing this.

Many thanks

Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_worthington View Post
These scripts are very useful. I want to change the path so that the DT database resides in my Dropbox folder.
Not sure if you have noticed an earlier exchange in this thread:

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showpost...26&postcount=8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTrew View Post
Not sure if you have noticed an earlier exchange in this thread:

http://forums.omnigroup.com/showpost...26&postcount=8
Thanks Rob. My Dropbox folder resides in my home folder ie Users/benworthington/Dropbox.

I amended the script to read as below

property strDocsPath : (path to home folder as text) --path to ~Users/benworthington/Dropbox/OmniFocus Notes.dtBase2
property strDevonDatabase : "OmniFocus Notes" -- name of Devonthink Database

The script runs but ignores the Dropbox folder, creating the database in Users/benworthington instead.

I'd be grateful if you could let me know what I'm doing wrong.

Many thanks

Ben

Quote:
My Dropbox folder resides in my home folder ie Users/benworthington/Dropbox.
home folder = user folder

Code:
property strDocsPath : (path to home folder as text) & "Dropbox"
--

Last edited by RobTrew; 2009-08-24 at 02:13 AM..

Finally sat down and integrated the scripts for OF and DTPO. After getting all projects into DT with the scripts I have gone though and removed my notes from the projects. Lucky for me DTPO and OF sit side by side on the same space so referencing is super simple.

Only question I have is when a project or task is complete what steps are taken to keep all in sync. Currently it looks to me once a task/project is complete the user will need to visit both Applications to mark them as so.

If I am mistaken please let me know how this will be accomplished.

TIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossonr View Post
Currently it looks to me once a task/project is complete the user will need to visit both Applications to mark them as so.
You are right, though it would certainly be possible to add a further script which marked the selected OF project as completed, and set the label of the corresponding DT folder to 'Done'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTrew View Post
You are right, though it would certainly be possible to add a further script which marked the selected OF project as completed, and set the label of the corresponding DT folder to 'Done'.
I vote for it. :) but I applescript hates me :(

Found another snag in the workflow. One of my projects is set up as single tasks. I have noticed that since all my notes are save in the oo3 file when I go to add a new task to OF under this project and run the script to get the updated version into DevonThink it creates a new file only based on what I have in OF. By it doing this I have no notes. At the moment the only work around I see is to do double entry by adding the item to OF then adding it to Devonthink so I can have my notes for my other tasks.

Is there any plans to have it append?

TIA