The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Pasting rich text without overriding OO formatting Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

I am looking for a way to paste rich text (bold, italic, underlined) from an application such as TextEdit into OmniOutliner, without overriding any other style settings in OmniOutliner for the particular level at which I'm pasting. In other words, I would like the basic attributes of the pasted text (bold, italic, underlined) to be retained, but all other attributes (color, line spacing, font size, etc) to be adapted to the OmniOutliner style.

Is this at all possible? If not, would you be able to suggest a usable workaround, other than pasting as plain text and reformatting?

Thank you.

I can't think of any way to accomplish that, you either bring in all the styles or none.