The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Repeating options? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
It would be really nice if the repeat settings for an action were a little more robust. Many tools I've worked with allow recurring events to be scheduled on things like the first Tuesday of the month, the last day of the month, etc.

Any way to set up actions this way in OF? I'm particularly interested in a recurring daily action that only occurs on weekdays to describe things I need to do every day at work.

- Tim

Right now we leave the more complicated scheduling to iCal, though your request (daily on work days) seems common enough that we should look at that specific case. Logged as <bug://bugs/43583> (Add options for tasks to repeat only on certain days)

This is something i would like to see in a future version. For example, i would want to do my monthly review always on the first sunday of every month.

I would like to vote for the "recur on certain day" feature.

Another approach would be to have aspects which could be set for each Context such as "active during weekdays only between 9AM and 5PM" but that approach can quickly slip into tagging.

Another vote for this, please. I want to set a repeating task (my monthly review) to "the first Sunday of every month".

Please! Thanks.

Yet another vote for this feature...

I have a task I do every Monday and Thursday.

I have a task I do every other Friday.

I have a task I do every work day.

I would like to be able to set them all up in OmniFocus so that they automatically appear on the day they are due.

Thanks!

Another request for this feature. To just be able to set a task to happen every monday and thursday for example would be great (and I wouldn't consider that 'complicated scheduling').

gary & sabeke: you can get a Monday/Thursday repeat by having 2 tasks; one on Monday and one on Thursday and have them each repeat every 1 week.

Every month I have to do 5 tasks. So I set a project to repeat every month with 5 tasks in it. Each task doesn't have a due date, but the project has a Start Date and a Due Date.

How can I do this?

But now I check off one task that I finish, and another task pops back up again, and the task has a due date of next week.