The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Sync disappointments Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Ok I'm not willing to pay for mobileme just so I can syn one program. I don't want to start fiddllng around in the software innards of my mac - I don't have the skill. I just want a program that can sync from my desktop to my iphone and back again. I don't care if its via a wire, or a wi-fi or any other way. But to have to pay £11.99 for OF for the iphone plus £25 for the educational version of OF for mac (I'm a lecturer) and then to have to pay £60 for mobileme (every year) seems a bit steep (especially since I'm not paid well for my services!)

I would love to organise my life via OF - I've just taken on two new teaching courses that would be perfect for projects but I either can't afford it or don't have the skill.

PLEASE will someone at OF pay some attention to getting this problem sorted - from reading the forums I'm not the only person feeling like this.

As noted here, we are working on a way to eliminate MobileMe from the cost equation. Meanwhile, there are cheaper WebDAV solutions available. (I believe BingoDisk is about 1/4 the price of MobileMe, and there may be even cheaper solutions.)

great to know you are working on it - i will try to be patient. I have bought the GTD book, and got all excited about organising my life only to be disappointed - I'm just not as geeky as I used to be!

I have stayed away from BingoDisk as it looked from the forum that some people are having problems with it. To be honest I just want something that works and does't require me to know anything at all about how it works (rather like the mac) Maybe I just need to schedule an action for a while from now to buy OF for the mac and sync effortlessly!

P.S.

I was only moaning because OF seems like the best bit of software I have come across for a very very long time and I'm really eager to get going with it and trust my life to it! Well done on what you've done so far - I just can't wait for more.