The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Show in Planning/Context Mode is greyed out Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Does anyone know why the View menu command "Show in Planning/Context Mode might be greyed out. I'm trying to revamp my perspectives and am going around in circles because I can't combine Projects and contexts. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

That command requires something to be selected in the outline portion of the window.

Thanks fo rthe quick reply, WH. I stil can't seem to get this to work. Funny thing is, I've done it successfully before, but can't seem to figure it out again. Must be getting old. :)

What I want to do is create a perspective that is basically a combination of a project folder plus a perspective. Easy, right? Go to Project Mode, select the folder, switch to Context Mode, select the context, then save as a perspective. Any idea why this is not working for me? When I choose my contect for the perspective I keep losing the focus on the project folder.

OK, figured it out. I was not hitting "Focus" before switching from Project Mode to Contexts Mode. Thanks again for your kind reply, and sorry for the "dumb" question :)

Steven, I think he means that an action, project or folder needs to be selected in the main area of the window (as opposed to the sidebar) in order for the "Show in Planning/Context Mode" to be active.