The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Toggle all project notes Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I would like to be able to toggle project (header) notes ON within the project view. My goal is to 'Collapse All' but keep the notes displayed under the project headers. Then I can print a quick summary status report by Project and not have to display any detail (tasks and subtasks). Any way to do this other then exposing each note one by one?

Select All, Cmd-' (to toggle notes), Left Arrow (to collapse project headers)

If you have grouping turned on, you'll need another Right Arrow press to expand the groups.

(If you aren't a keyboard aficionado, there are menu commands for all of those.)

Curt

Is there a way to force notes to always be expanded, or at least default to expanded until closed?

There's this hidden preference setting (paste into Terminal):

Code:
defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniFocus ExpandRowsByDefault -bool true
I haven't tried it myself, so I'm not sure if it works on the notes field or only on section headers.

-Dennis

Looks like it doesn't expand notes. Thanks for trying, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswart View Post
Looks like it doesn't expand notes. Thanks for trying, though!
Back from the past... is there any way to accomplish this? I'd like to have all views default to "expanding all notes" and "collapse row text when not editing".

Is there a shortcut for the Notes button or a way to toggle whether notes will get expanded or stay collapsed by default ?

F.

Fmenard, see my post in the thread I'm about to move your post to. :-)

The help says:

When you have an action or a project selected, click the notes icon on the far right side of the row (or press Command-apostrophe).

I can confirm that it is not identified in here:

http://www.omnigroup.com/ftp/pub/sof...-Shortcuts.pdf

Generally speaking, I do not like shortcuts that interfere with french keyboards, where hitting this key requires me to do

Command Shift-Comma

F.

Thanks for pointing out the documentation problem - I'll get that written up.

If you'd prefer a different shortcut for that command, on OS 10.5 or 10.6 you can re-map it to a different one in the Keyboard pane of System Preferences. Here's a page that walks through the process; uses Firefox instead of OmniFocus, but the same principles apply.

Hope this helps!