The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Is reviewing every day no longer possible? [Display bug; fixed in v1.5.1 and later.] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've noticed that "Day" is no longer an option for "Review every" -- is this a) a bug; b) something screwy with my iPad or c) just how that works now?

Dave

Yeah, it's a bug! I can't tell exactly when it was introduced, but the good news is that it's just a display bug — if you set something to review every 2 weeks, for example, what actually gets written into the transaction file is 2 days. I guess you can't set something to review on a yearly interval at the moment unless you do it by specifying a number of months.

It's already fixed in the beta builds, but when you'll see a production image that has the fix I cannot foretell.

Well, that's good news -- just a picker index problem, I assume. Fun. It's like I'm planning in a secret code!

Thanks for the quick (and reassuring) reply.

Too bad there's such apparent resistance to documenting what gets changed by Omni engineering; the QA department or the external beta testers would have caught this, most likely, had they had any reason to check it. Ironic that a program intended to implement a philosophy that is built on closing feedback loops is built by people who don't always think closing feedback loops is worth doing for their own work! My group always called it "eating our own cooking", but Omni has a chef to prepare their meals, so apparently they don't believe in that :-)

I hope they fix it soon. One of the things I review is how often I review each project, and I find myself very reluctant to mark anything reviewed with the wrong unit displayed even though I know it's only a display issue. It's jarring and therefore very distracting. It's messing with my head, man! :)

Hey, at least you aren't seeing leopards everywhere you look, talk about distracting :-)

http://xkcd.com/1031/

Hi Gang -

How do I change the review time per project? I cannot find a way to do so. It would also be nice to change all projects to change to a 1 week review period. The help gives me directions, but they do not seem to work.

Please help!

Thanks!

Aloha - my default review time is currently set to 1 month - I applied the fix to change it to 1 week and still get 1 month for review - is this a display error?

Mahalo

Should be fixed in OmniFocus for iPad 1.5.1, which released today. Sorry for the trouble this caused!

cool beans!