The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing > Other WebDAV
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Problems on iPad Syncing But Not Mac Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi there

I have owned the MAC version for about a week and picked up the iPad version today. I have my own Webdav server with a DynDns domain setup to hit it from outside. The problem lies that when I sync to this from my Mac there is absolutely no issue. When I try and sync (using the same credentials) from the iPad it keeps coming back to the login prompt.

Any ideas on this one ?

Also how come the iPad is showing a 'password will not be sent securely' warning whereas the Mac does not ?

Thanks again

WC

Wildcat, I'd recommend using the "send settings" button in OmniFocus for Mac's sync preferences, then sending the email that creates to an address you read on the phone. That button sends the settings the Mac is using over to the phone as a tappable link.

Open the email on the phone, and tap the link. OmniFocus will launch and offer to replace your current settings with the exact one the Mac is using.

It sounds like the settings on the iPad don't exactly match the ones the Mac is using. At the very least, it sounds like the iPad is syncing over http: instead of https: - the latter is an encrypted connection.

If that doesn't resolve the password prompts on the iPad, try opening this page in Safari on the iPad and tapping the "reset keychain" link, then entering your login info again.

Be especially careful about capitalization - "username" and "Username" are actually two different WebDAV accounts. The iOS keyboard sometimes gets trigger-happy with the shift key...