The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mail to OmniFocus question Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
When using the format of -- Action > Project @ Context in the subject of an email to import tasks into OmniFocus does the Project and Context used in the email have to be predefined in OmniFocus? In my tests emails where they are not predefined they are not being imported but the projects and contexts that are predefined are being imported. Am I missing something? Thanks for any help.

d

Yes, it matches against existing projects and contexts only, just as if you typed that same string in the project or context column in the Inbox. If there isn't a match, that field is left empty, and if there is neither a project nor a context, it ends up in the Inbox. Depending on your preferences for "Clean Up Inbox items which have", it's possible that if you have one of the less restrictive choices set, and you only match one of project or context, that your action will be refiled without the other (in the project with no context set, or in the default single action list with the context set).

Thanks for confirming that for me.