The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Omnisync iCal location Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've just switched over to the Omnisync service (from MobileMe) in preparation for Apple ditching iDisk.

Other than the 1st time sync on my MacBook, iPad and iPhone taking some time, everything appears to be working OK.

I can't get the iCal reminders to work though, having ticked the publish reminders and then clicking the subscribe in iCal button - it just beeps at me!

What is the name and location of the .ics file? I've tried https://sync.omnigroup.com/<myname>/calendar.ics but that doesn't work.

Thanks

Sorry for the trouble here, Adrian - try entering this into iCal's "Subscribe..." dialog instead:

Code:
https://sync3.omnigroup.com/<myname>/OmniFocus-Reminders.ics
(With "<myname>" appropriately replaced with your account name, of course.)

That'll skip a step (redirecting from the "sync" address to the specific server your account is stored on) that can sometimes cause issues. It'll also match the name of the file that OmniFocus actually places on the server.

Thanks for the quick reply. Everything now set-up as required!

I too switched to the Omni server in preparation for the MobileMe change.

I set up the subscribe calendar in iCal for OmniFocus, which my iPhone sees. But, when completing a task in OmniFocus, even though the reminder disappears from iCal on my MacBook Pro, it does NOT disappear from iCal on my iPhone. Of course it remains in the Calendar events on the OmniFocus Forecast perspective too, even though a sync eliminated the task from OmniFocus on the iPhone.

I've tried a manual sync for iCal on the MacBook Pro and a manual sync of iCal on the iPhone with no success. If I do a re-boot of the iPhone, the proper refresh occurs and the OmniFocus reminder disappears from iCal on the iPhone.

I didn't have this problem before the update with Forecast mode's integration of iCal. Is this a bug?