The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

GTDmomma: ruby script that nags you Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
GTDmomma is a ruby script I wrote to nag me about overdue tasks. Presently it's just doing sticky'd growl notifications every 15 minutes, but I'll probably expand it into e-mail and text and maybe twitter alerts as well. Probably not for everyone, but i've found it useful so I thought I'd share.

* uses a slightly modified version of OF-AQL (source: http://web.mac.com/robinfrancistrew/...s_to_text.html) to query omnifocus

* Won't spam growl you when idle for more than 10 minutes, so it can be cron'd to run at whatever times you want, such as every 15 minutes (how I have it)

* I use it for "rituals" presently, and the AQL query reflects that. For me, these are recurring things like "check omnifocus" or "take out trash" that I want to get done.

* Makes it impossible to fall off the bandwagon. I love omnifocus, but i just don't use it like I perhaps would like myself to. Well, this is GTDmomma beating you over the head, nagging you about whatever.

* requires growlnotify for growl notifications

You'll have to tweak a few absolute paths in the code to get it to run. But ultimatly just run './momma.rb' with no params to go.

https://github.com/meesterdude/GTDmomma