The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus <--> ToodleDo Sync Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
http://groups.google.com/group/oftd

This is in another thread, but is so cool and works so well, it needs more attention:

- ToodleDo.com is a free, pretty powerful, online todo list
- It has a nice iPhone interface
- With the above script you can sync your projects, contexts and inbox
- You can schedule it to happen every 10 minutes
- It has growl notification
- It is FREE

While I cannot wait for the full OmniFocus iPhone application and sync, this is a damn good little solution. It gets you a website interface when your computer is off and an iPhone interface.

To fully get into Toodledo, make sure you visit all the account settings where you can turn on different views (like Contexts).

Pretty damn powerful.

BZ

Oh, and it has a FireFox plugin with a sidebar and a key command new todo (Alt + Ctrl + A)

http://www.toodledo.com/widget/firefox_plugin.php

So very very cool.

I might be in heaven. Now, if could bookmark a new task as a button on my iPhone.

BZ

This is awesome - works great. Thanks for the heads up!!!

Cool. Glad you like it.

Been using it for a few days and really love it so far.

BZ

This doesn't work.

Thanks for the positive feedback. I've just posted the first non-beta version and made the Google Group open to the public (membership not-required). At this point I'm waiting to see what Omni comes up with before investing a lot of time in new features. Though even after we have an official app, this solution will still have value for people who need to share tasks, or want to have access from the iPhone without doing a plugin-sync.

http://groups.google.com/group/oftd

-Preston

Did you send in the request to OmniGroup allow for an AppleScript call for just updated things?

BZ

Its a little more complicated than that, because I would ideally like to know all of the tasks that have a mod date > X AND are visible in Perspective Y.

So I'll always need to use the document window object unless Omni can build a perspective into the model side of their applescript support (I think that's unlikely). However it would still be nice to use a mod date "whose" test with the "leaf" class of the content tree. (And that will make NO sense to you if you aren't familiar with AS and OF).

-P