The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Key command for marking a task as completed Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Sorry for this basic question, but what is the shortcut key command for marking a task as completed. I've looked through the menus for the command and searched the help to no avail.

Thanks.

When you have a task (or project) selected, the space bar marks the item as completed.

Just curious. Where is this in the menus? IF not in the menus, where is it documented?

One place it is documented is the keyboard shortcuts list on the OmniFocus web page: http://downloads.omnigroup.com/softw...-Shortcuts.pdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by beharkey View Post
Just curious. Where is this in the menus? IF not in the menus, where is it documented?
After looking I don't think there is any menu item for "mark as completed"

The only problem with using the spacebar, is that if you are in text edit mode, you have to press esc first and then the spacebar, otherwise you get (naturally) a space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockyroad View Post
After looking I don't think there is any menu item for "mark as completed"
There is, but it's in the contextual menu. If you right-click (or control-click) when you've got a row selected, there's an option to complete it. I'm not aware of any way to mark an item complete without first leaving edit mode (which you can also do by pressing the enter key).

Heh - I'm not sure why you would trouble yourself right-clicking and choosing complete when you can click once in the check box and it's done with.

There's no completion checkbox for a project, so you're going to either be using the space bar or the contextual menu or a toolbar button. Also, the menu allows you to mark an entire selection as completed, unlike checking the completion box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beharkey View Post
It's documented in OmniFocus Help (under "Marking actions complete"). (Hmm, I see we need to update that help to know about the new autocomplete option for projects!)

It does seem like there ought to be a menu item for that command, especially since we have a corresponding "Complete" toolbar item. Probably the "Edit->Status" submenu should be available for actions, not just projects.