The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Build 93002 requires cleanup Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
the really confusing thing about the current behavior is that only certain attributes of the current filter have the "required cleanup" behavior. e.g. if i change a project to "on hold" it will disappear immediately but completing an action won't cause that disappear immediately. yet if i complete the last remaining action in a context, and the filter is set to show "available contexts," then the action does disappear immediately, along with the context. etc. it's a mess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markb View Post
isn't that what Focus is for?
No; Focus doesn't focus on things done in a specific time frame. Let's just say I find it unnerving when I mark an action complete and it disappears immediately, for several reasons, depending on my mood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianogilvie View Post
No; Focus doesn't focus on things done in a specific time frame.
how does Clean Up give you the ability to see items completed in a specific time frame? is there a way to see when the latest Clean Up was?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianogilvie View Post
Let's just say I find it unnerving when I mark an action complete and it disappears immediately, for several reasons, depending on my mood.
i can understand that -- and OF's current behavior doesn't really address this problem (see my previous post).

Quote:
Originally Posted by markb View Post
how does Clean Up give you the ability to see items completed in a specific time frame? is there a way to see when the latest Clean Up was?
Clean Up doesn't do that. My point was simply that I like continuing to see actions that I have marked complete until I issue Clean Up, at which point they disappear. It's not a specific time frame. If I need to see that, I can show completed actions and then group and sort by date completed. Apparently I didn't express myself very clearly.