The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Stalled Project Filter Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Stalled projects list is currently also showing actions with future start dates. I've filed this as a bug.

The "bugginess" of this is debatable. If "stalled" means "no available actions", then such projects are stalled. I've taken to giving such project future start dates as well, but that isn't a solution for people who want the project start date to reflect the original start date of the project. I guess I'm actually using the start date on projects as the "resume" date.

Curt

i don't see the value of a stalled project list. what's so hard about looking at the complete list of projects and seeing which ones don't have actions? in my weekly review i just print the whole library of projects, with everything expanded, and add actions wherever needed. it doesn't really matter if a project is "stalled" or not as i give a little bit of attention to each project regardless of how many actions it has.

another bug: the stalled projects list shows projects that do contain next actions, but which all occur in the future (i have an "end of month" project that contains recurring actions, and currently the project is empty because i completed all the november stuff last week -- but the project is not stalled)

Quote:
Originally Posted by markb View Post
i don't see the value of a stalled project list. what's so hard about looking at the complete list of projects and seeing which ones don't have actions? in my weekly review i just print the whole library of projects, with everything expanded, and add actions wherever needed. it doesn't really matter if a project is "stalled" or not as i give a little bit of attention to each project regardless of how many actions it has.
How many projects do you have? I typically have somewhere north of 30 projects active and another 40 or so pending or on-hold. My active projects have dozens of action groups. For many of my projects and action groups I can't afford to have them stall for more than a day. I think the stalled projects list is a huge boon. Of course, if you don't see a need for it you can certainly ignore it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markb View Post
another bug: the stalled projects list shows projects that do contain next actions, but which all occur in the future (i have an "end of month" project that contains recurring actions, and currently the project is empty because i completed all the november stuff last week -- but the project is not stalled)
Did you read the two posts above yours in the thread?

Curt