The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Trouble with OS Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I don't know if this is related to OF, but OF is the one program I've had running every time this happens. Every couple of days, my OS gets weird. The dock will not appear when I move the mouse to the bottom of the screen, and using cmd-tab will only select the last program running (the one displayed on the right).

This has only been happening for the last couple weeks, about as long as I've been using OF. Has anyone else had this happen?

Details:
OS X 10.5.2 on a Macbook Pro
OmniFocus 1.0.1 (v77.1.3.0.97844)

FWIW, I've never seen this happen, with or without OmniFocus.

There's not much evidence to go on here, but it doesn't sound to me like OmniFocus is the culprit. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
I don't know if this is related to OF, but OF is the one program I've had running every time this happens. Every couple of days, my OS gets weird. The dock will not appear when I move the mouse to the bottom of the screen, and using cmd-tab will only select the last program running (the one displayed on the right).

This has only been happening for the last couple weeks, about as long as I've been using OF. Has anyone else had this happen?

Details:
OS X 10.5.2 on a Macbook Pro
OmniFocus 1.0.1 (v77.1.3.0.97844)
Yesterday my 10.5.2 MacBook Pro went crazy. It was cycling between applications--I think.

I restarted an sunk into computer hell! The dock and finder began a contest to see which one could crash more frequently. The desktop would never finish loading.

Five calls to Apple--no help. Stumped!!!

Eight hours later I finally resolved it by looking at the crash reports and noting that QuickLook was involved in all of them.

After multiple launches in target disk mode from my old PowerBook G4, using File Buddy for searches and throwing away preference files that had changed yesterday, I finally threw away the right cache (System/Library/ or /Library) and now all is well.

Bottom line: look at the console logs and crash logs and see

Good luck