The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sync Prefs Pane is Greyed Out Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Christiaan: I'm not clear on what problem you're looking for a workaround for. Carlo mentioned checking the capitalization of your username. Another possibility was not having MobileMe configured. (A workaround for this is to enter your iDisk URL in the WebDAV tab instead of using the iDisk tab.) If you're having some other issue, please elaborate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
Christiaan: I'm not clear on what problem you're looking for a workaround for. Carlo mentioned checking the capitalization of your username. Another possibility was not having MobileMe configured. (A workaround for this is to enter your iDisk URL in the WebDAV tab instead of using the iDisk tab.) If you're having some other issue, please elaborate.
Lizard, my reading is that Christiaan needs a way to specify a different set of credentials than the ones set up for MobileMe in the System Preferences because at his office they use a common MobileMe account for syncing address book and bookmarks, and he wants to use his personal MobileMe account for the OmniFocus sync support.

Christiaan, have you tried with a more recent sneaky peek build, perhaps checking your keychain for any entries created by OmniFocus and deleting them first? I think there were some bugs which have been fixed that might have interfered with attempts to set up what I think you are asking. I was able to configure OmniFocus just now to use the WebDAV sync option with my .Mac credentials while having my .Mac preferences set to something else.

this happens t me all the time with a database window open when I'm trying to sync, no progress, just sits and the sync button spins for hours, no error messages nothing, just no sync, NEVER

Hi guys, my problem is the Sync preferences input fields are always greyed out and set to their defaults.

I managed, at one point, to get my personal iDisk settings into the Advanced option (by first reverting to an old backup that needed rebuilding ... this ungreys the fields for whatever reason), but it eventually resets itself back to the default "http://www.example.com/" and greys out again.

I don't have any Omnifocus settings in Keychain.

The keychain entries won't show up as created by OmniFocus in any obvious way -- mine show up as regular internet passwords for idisk.mac.com (username) or idisk.me.com (username). You can flush out any use of an existing keychain entry by locking your login keychain, then trying to do a sync in OmniFocus. You'll be prompted to supply a password to unlock the keychain. Another approach would be to create a new user on your computer and see if your problem persists there.

Okay, I deleted all iDisk items from Keychain (including the company one) I signed my machine out of company MobileMe account, locked all Keychains. Logged out and restarted a couple of times. No luck.

Logged into a different account and it worked, so I came back to my account and deleted the preferences file and support files for OmniFocus, including Caches, and tried again. But still no luck. :( Clicking on Sync just takes me to the greyed out prefs.

Last edited by Christiaan; 2008-07-30 at 02:01 AM..

Okay, through a combination I'm not sure of I've managed to get it sorted for now. Later today when I used the menu item instead of the toolbar item to ask it to sync it allowed me to put my iDisk address in the iDisk field (as opposed to the advanced field) and it seems to be ticking along now. :)