The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Focus feature broken? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Folks,

In version 105963 of 1.5, the Focus feature appears to be horribly broken:

1. In Projects, select a folder or project, Focus on it (View > Focus on selected...)

2. Switch to Contexts, and instead of the Focused view (as in 1.0.3), I get all of my Contexts

3. Switch back to Projects, and I'm again viewing all my Projects instead of the Focused ones.

Of course, this leaves Focus completely unusable, but before I file feedback, I'm hoping someone else can reproduce this.

Mac OS X 10.5.5.

Oh, wait... I think I just figured this out: the Projects and Contexts in the Toolbar are pre-saved perspectives, aren't they?

Ugh. That's terrible. There is no distinction between switching to a perspective and switching to a different mode. The UI is utterly confusing!

You can put the original mode switcher back in your toolbar if you'd prefer.

Yep, and I did so once I realized the Inbox/Projects/Contexts buttons weren't replacements for the Planning/Contexts mode buttons.

Still a very confusing change if you've been using OF for a while and only recently switched to the 1.5 sneaky-peek train. The new buttons are in the same place and with name and apparent functionality, appear to be a replacement/enhancement for the mode switching buttons.

This should be handled better.

Filed as feedback.

Well, that only really happens if you overhaul and replace your toolbar with the default.

The one request I have on this is to be able to save my updates to those default views behind the icons... just because I don't want my "on hold" projects to show in the projects view.

Actually... to follow up, the most recent enhancement which was the ability to use the new icons for my perspectives solves this problem. Instead of using the built-in 'contexts' view, I can just use my equivalent that shows active tasks, rather than remaining tasks.