The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Autofill Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there any way to make autofill work on Omniweb? It's the one thing that now prevents me from using the browser after 7 years. What I can't believe is that this outstanding group of developers can't lick this thing.

What exactly do you mean by "make it work"? It works perfectly for me far better than any other browser ive used. In fact id have serious issues trying to use another browser particularly due to how poor autofill is on other browsers.

The following functions are available

AutoFill:
Always save submitted forms for AutoFill
Prompt to save usernames and passwords (passwords are stored securely in Keychain)

You can create Locations and there is also a scrollable list containing the columns "Field Title" and "Information"

In addition we have

Autocomplete:
Automatically complete form text while typing
Always save form text for autocompletion.

Remember a maximum of up to 5000 phrases

and a scrollable box showing the remembered phrases

what else could there possibly be missing or not working? BTW this is the OmniWeb browser forum, did you mistake it for the Camino Browser forum ;-)

It doesn't work here. Not at all. It never has. I've had endless conversations with Omni people. I'm not alone.

Can you give us some examples of sites that we can try to replicate this behavior? I count myself among the "happy I switched to OW because auto fill works better" camp...

Autofill works on no site. It has never worked for me.

Hi rje, what steps have you taken to try to resolve this? What machine are you using, OS and OW version? Have you performed a search on your system for and relocated or deleted anything OmniWeb and Omnigroup then launch a fresh copy of OW so it creates a new preference file, bookmarks, history, cache and autofill etc?

You certain the AutoFill preferences are enabled?

Nothing works and by the way, I have used 5 Macs since starting with OW in 2001.

For whoever made the crack about mistaking this for the Camino forum, Camino autofill works perfectly, as does Safari's and every other Mac browser. Look, I've had stretched out dialogues with people inside the Omni Group for seven years, and this issue is not just mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rje View Post
For whoever made the crack about mistaking this for the Camino forum, Camino autofill works perfectly, as does Safari's and every other Mac browser. Look, I've had stretched out dialogues with people inside the Omni Group for seven years, and this issue is not just mine.
Perhaps you could enlighten us, then, as to the parameters of the set of users who have this issue? And what do the Omni people say during these stretched out dialogues about what they think the problem might be?

How does your system differ from a similar machine, fresh out of the box from the factory? If you visit a site and submit a form with OW, does a keychain entry get created?

I'm the single user of this computer. I'm using a fresh out of the box Mac right now. The people I speak to at Omni Group acknowledge that this is a problem that many experience, and they keep apologizing. If I enter a site and submit a form, no keychain entry appears to occur.