The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Was thinking of getting iPad for OmniFocus Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I was thinking of getting a iPad mainly for the iPad app... Is it worth it? I'm just using the Mac and iPhone version right now, but I LOVE the look of the iPad layout. The Mac version is super ugly compared to the iPad one. I wish the Mac was like the iPad version :(

I started with the iPad version and trialled the Mac version and I didn't like the Mac version, it wasn't as intuitive and felt clumsy, but that's just my take on a couple of days usage.

Some power users love the Mac version for it's versatility.

There has been talks that a new version of OmniFocus will incorporate a lot of the new user interface changes that were introduced in the iPad version.

The OmniFolks discovered a wide range of user interfaces such as the forecast feature that will most likely be introduced in a major future revision.

But it will be some time before OmniFocus 2.0 will come out. I believe the OmniFolks are busy hammering out OmniOutliner for the iPad. So it may be a while....

I think the iPad version is absolutely brilliant. I use it far more than the Mac version.

The main benefit of the Mac version is the speed you can re-arrange items: even on my 11" Air, you can see an immense number of items, so you can grab anything and move it anywhere easily. You can move things around on the iPad, but it's harder to see it all at the top level.

I'm hoping that a future version of OmniFocus for iPad will have the ability to show Planning perspectives as well as the ability to create Perspectives in the iPad version.

As it currently stands right now, you have to create perspectives on the Mac. Then you can sync the perspectives to the iPad.

Can more than one file be exported to iPad Reunion without overwriting the first file?