The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iTunes sync wiped out data Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I just synced my iPad with iTunes for the first time since adding OmniFocus and all of my data is gone. The "Restore from Back Up" did not seem to help and although I can readd the OmniFocus application it has the original, sample tasks and projects.

How can I get my data back?

I'm really sorry for the trouble this is causing, ike! If iTunes really did wipe the data before doing a backup, there may not be much we can do, but we'll be happy to investigate this with you and see if there is any way at all to get the data back. Email our support ninjas and we'll help.

At the very least, we can help you set up an account on our Omni Sync Server and start syncing your data with it. Even if you're only using OmniFocus on a single device, having a backup copy of the data stored off the device can help recover from situations like this.