The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Attachments in OF and from Mail Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Of course many of my tasks deal with completing a form or reading a document, etc.

1) Can I attach a document to an OF task?

2) Even better, when I save an email from Mail that contains an attachment- can the attachment be included in what is copied to OF? Right now, I can only seem to clip the text of the email.

Thanks

MPG

If you clip whole messages, attachments aren't coming through (at least on 10.5). This is a known bug with Mail that Apple is looking at. If you select the range of text and attachments in the message and then perform the clipping, the attachments should come along.

You can create links to files by just dropping them on an OmniFocus row or somewhere within the note, or by using the Edit > Attach File… menu item. If you want you can embed a _copy_ of the document in OmniFocus by option-dragging (or using the checkbox in the Attach File… sheet). This is not the default and it is somewhat discouraged OmniFocus isn't designed to be the best-ever "pile of bits" content management application (there are lots of other applications that can be used as a content management system; but plain old Finder works fairly well too).