The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Date seperator error...only after a sync Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
No matter which way i try it, i get this error on every OTHER device that sync my OF DB;

Unrecognizable transaction file name '0000000*very long filename here*.zip'; should contain a date seperator of '='.

This occurs after i sync my DB to WebDAV and only on every device except the one that put the DB there in first place - ive tried this with 2 Macs and an iphone 3G.

Kinda annoying!

Anyone have any ideas???

UPDATE: this error goes away if MobileMe is used for Sync......
See http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=8586 for my concerns on this though......any ideas?

Last edited by QuaCKeReD; 2008-07-12 at 04:21 PM..

Another update: correction, this error only shows after an edit is made... On every other device than the one that did the edit. And only on webdav

Which WebDAV server are you using?

As for your concerns about syncing on an iDisk, I can't answer to the behavior with a locally cached iDisk, but my testing so far with two computers simultaneously fiddling with handfuls of items in the Inbox has not had any problems with the databases getting out of sync. I make a dozen or so test items, scramble them around, make sure both computers are synced up, take both computers off the air, tick off some items on each (haven't tried ticking off the SAME items on each yet), rearrange the ordering, put them both back online and when the dust settles, everything seems to be correct.

I get the same using my webhost's WebDAV configured through cPanel. Syncing to it originally from a MacBook Pro. iPhone returns the same error as above when attempting to sync. Works fine with MobileMe, but I'm not sure whether I'll be keeping this or not so would prefer to get WebDAV working.

This should be fixed in the latest sneaky peek build.

I've downloaded and am now using the July 14th release, 77.4.0.102796. I'm still getting the same problem but with an additional error now of a 404 Not Found when trying to sync from the MBP.

To summarise what's happening:

- Reset database on iPhone to make sure it's empty to begin with
- Initial sync to WebDAV server from MBP works fine
- Sync from iPhone works fine and all data is copied over successfully
- Add item to MBP database and sync with WebDAV
- Try to sync iPhone - get Unrecognizable transaction file name 'blah-blah.zip'; should contain a date seperator of '='
- Try to sync MBP. Returns failed sync with error 404 Not Found.

I wasn't getting a 404 error on the previous build I was using (which I believe was 12 July).

Would appreciate any assistance in getting this working. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraserhead View Post
^^ Don't you mean 77.7.0.102796?
My post above refers to a previous version on 14th July. I'm on 77.7.0.102926 now. :)

Still have the same issue with the filenames but not the 404 problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmdf View Post
- Try to sync iPhone - get Unrecognizable transaction file name 'blah-blah.zip'; should contain a date separator of '='
Oh, I see! The bug is still present in version 1.0 of the iPhone software, so when you try to sync your iPhone you're still hitting that bug. The fix is in version 1.0.1, which we hope will be posted sometime this week. (Apple reviews every application that goes on the App Store, and they have a lot to review at the moment!)

Last edited by Ken Case; 2008-07-16 at 02:20 PM.. Reason: Fixed "separator" typo that wasn't in the original error message

Thanks Ken - looking forward to 1.01 then... :)