The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Apple Update Process Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
What's up with the unpredictable Apple delay in pushing updates to the iPhone App Store? This is the first time I see any software vendor constrained in delivering bug fixes and improvements to the users. I understand a review and delay for 1.0, but is there a deterministic process for 1.0.1, 1.0.2, etc.? I mean, is it the Omni which is the bottleneck on the 1.0.2, or Apple? And can Omni, in the future, say "we're releasing 1.0.2 to Apple today, to appear in the App Store two weeks down the road"?

Apple has not given us a deterministic time frame. I think 1.0.1 took a week to go through Apple's approval process. (I think they do a little bit of testing before publishing updates.) We have not yet sent 1.0.2 to Apple yet. They have asked us to send fewer, more substantial updates, rather than more frequent, smaller updates.

Last edited by Lizard; 2008-07-28 at 12:56 PM..