The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I have been using OmniWeb 5.5's beta for the past week. Here are the feature requests Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Added it to the original list. :)

I hope and expect that someone on the OmniWeb team takes note of this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryayush
[*]Blocked ads leave the containers behind, almost defeating the purpose for me. There should be a preference that when an ad gets blocked, its space on the page is not left void but filled by the other content.
FWIW, this is something that has been discussed a fair few times before (since it first appeared in OmniWeb 5.0 many years ago) - there are pros and cons to each method. The main cons with collapsing content are that you mess with the page layout as designed by the site developer which can cause issues with e.g. text flow and, secondly, you would no longer know when something has in fact been blocked (this would be a big problem for me as I block all Flash content by default as I prefer to see it only on a need-to-use basis).
Quote:
[*]There should be an option to maximise the window. I like the way OmniWeb adjusts the size of the browser according to the webpage (like Safari), but there should also be an option to maximise the browser. This does not mean you should change the current method, but just that an extra option would be welcome for webpages that can scale to any resolution.
Shift-click the green zoom button to fill the screen.
Quote:
[*]Every sort of resizing and shifting should be animated. When you click on the zoom button, the browser should smoothly slide to the new size. When the zoom button is pressed and the browser does not have enough space on one side, it should slide to the other side to make space. At present, these two actions are static. I am talking about the way the QuickTime Player resizes and shifts around.
This would be non-standard behaviour for a text-based/multi-media application in OS X - it would be down to Apple to adopt these suggestions system wide, not for OmniGroup to add them just to their own app.

Edit: forgot to mention - your other suggestions are on my list of wants as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryayush
Allow new tabs to be opened next to the active one. There should be a preference that allows users to opt for having the browser always open new tabs next to the active one.
This request is two years old. Is there any hope that this might be included in 5.7?.

Let's add another year to this request. We're up to 3yrs waiting.

Can we please get a "open tabs next to active window" feature?

Last edited by Josue Salazar; 2009-09-02 at 06:50 AM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josue Salazar View Post
Let's add another year to this request. We're up to 3yrs waiting.
Good heavens, yes — please do this.

how about a way to re-open a tab you mistakenly closed, like Edit/Undo Window Close?

10. I too would like to see the ability to merge all windows. (Safari has this feature under "Window" menu > "Merge All Windows".)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=10467 has a script to merge all windows.
I already tried that. In a couple of my test cases, it failed to merge everything. (It closed tabs that didn't get merged in. So, that script doesn't work in all cases.) I looked briefly at the script, and I didn't see what was causing the issue. I suppose I should submit those test cases to someone.