The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OF crashes when I try to select contexts or projects? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
After I updated OF on my iPod Touch, whenever I enter a new item (or want to edit an already existing item) and select "contexts" or "projects", OF stops and returns me to the main screen of the iPod.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I´ve reinstalled OF and it is still the same...

Regards,

I am seeing the same thing. I just upgraded and now it is crashing.

Hmm, I wrote Support to let them know about it as well...
Still waiting for their reply.

Same problem - luckily i haven't updated to iTunes.
I hope i can get back to the 1.7.0 version from there.

This bug is really a killer.

Feedback from support would be great.

Having the same problem and wonder if it is possible to downgrade to the previous version?
- I have not synced with iTunes so the old version is there.
- Can I delete the new version from the iPhone and then sync with iTunes?

Would be most grateful for an answer, since I am having big troubles with all may work and planning now :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuConn View Post
Having the same problem and wonder if it is possible to downgrade to the previous version?
- I have not synced with iTunes so the old version is there.
- Can I delete the new version from the iPhone and then sync with iTunes?

Would be most grateful for an answer, since I am having big troubles with all may work and planning now :)
Yes if you delete from your phone then connect to iTunes you can reinstall the previous version of an app just fine. Just make doubly sure you have synced OF or ALL data will be lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steves71 View Post
Yes if you delete from your phone then connect to iTunes you can reinstall the previous version of an app just fine. Just make doubly sure you have synced OF or ALL data will be lost.
Thanks! I will try that

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixpod View Post
i tired this but my pone hang up when i try to reinstall !
There is something very wrong about that. I've downgraded plenty of apps before and never had that happen. Only did it once with OmniFocus when it first went from version 1.6 to 1.7 and that went without a hitch. All I can think of is after removing it from your phone reboot before trying to install the previous version just incase for some reason parts of the app are still in ram.

Sorry for the trouble, everyone - we found a spot in the code where OmniFocus for iPhone is using an iOS 3.2 feature without checking the version of the OS the device was running. Folks on iOS 3.1.x or earlier would crash when that code ran.

We've submitted OmniFocus for iPhone 1.7.2 to Apple with a fix for this, and we've asked for an expedited review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steves71 View Post
There is something very wrong about that.
Steve, I hate to say it, but I suspect that poster was a spammer. It was their first post on the forums, and their quote was edited to include a link to a website with a title very similar to their user name. They were hoping that google would up their page rank based on the link coming from our forums.

I've removed the link, but I'll leave the post in place; if I'm wrong about the posters' motives, I'll apologize in advance and they can correct me...