The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Change column width? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
How do I change the column width of context, due date, or time estimate?

I have plenty of room left in the name section, and would like to make the other sections wider so I can see more of the info in the context, due date, and time estimate fields. I've tried dragging with the modifier keys, and nothing seems to work. It always just makes the main window smaller. I want to make the columns wider, but keep the window the same size.

I'm on version 1.7 :)

Thanks
Chris

Open the View Bar (Click on the toolbar icon, or View -> Show View Bar), which also exposes the column headers.

You should now be able to resize the columns as you expect.

Thanks! I just figured out what I was missing.

I had the view bar open, but I was trying resize on my MacBook Air which has a 13" screen.

The size of the columns was constrained at it's minimum. The only way I could make it bigger was to make the overall window smaller, then drag the columns right side to the right. I was trying to drag to the left to make the name column smalller, and it wouldn't move.

Thanks again :)

Problem solved!

I was having the same issue trying to figure out how to adjust column widths after the upgrade from 1.6-1.7. I previously had the columns set how I like but then the default font changed? Anyway...

xmas, thanks for the help getting this resolved!