The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Exporting from Contexts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I thought I was getting to be familiar with Omnifocus - I was using contexts to separate out items from a meeting agenda that were actionable items for sharing the meeting minutes by that context...

... but you cannot export separately by context (into HTML and a limited list of formats) unlike you can for Projects - not without needing to duplicate effort in importing into a WP format. I would have thought this straightforward - the whole point of a productivity program should be to avoid duplication but in this example Omnifocus causes duplication!

Maybe I'm asking for too much but Omnioutliner allows for export to more formats - in which you can also export with the attachments retained (another thing OF doesn't do).

I came from Things then THL - then OF due to the stronger GTD features and more prospect of support. The ideas behind the product are great but the implementation (dread design) drags you down and I'm starting to think development isn't progressing also...

Any sign of hope and stronger features would be nice, especially as I've paid a significant amount for this Application?

Tim

Not sure what you need exactly, but there is an applescript which exports from each context to a .CSV file in this thread.

OF has quite rich scripting interface, so more or less anything is possible in terms of export.

In the meanwhile, specific requests through Help > Send Feedback in the OF menu are the most effective way to affect development priorities.

Thanks Rob,

I'm not sure what I'm looking for - but I'm not sure CSV offers more than exporting text I can manipulate already (it reduces a step in that it exports individual contexts but adds on in having to change from CSV to something I can use).

CSV may have uses I've not envisaged but I'd hoped for something 'richer'... Omnioutliner's features state you can export to formats that include payloads - OPML might have potential.

What I do know I'm looking for is better organisation and fewer keystrokes!