The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Due Action w/ Grey Formating? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello-

I am not able to figure out why most of my due actions now show as grey instead of orange/red. Some of these grey ones are also a smaller font size. No matter what, all of them are available date-wise. This just started recently.

Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks,
Mollificent

what exactly do you mean by " available " ?
Uusally the action is greyed out because it's start date /time hasn't arrived yet .. for example , I might be looking at my list for today and two tasks say they're due today, but they're grey in the morning because they're after work items and have a start time of 5pm ...

does that help at all ?

Do they all have contexts and projects/lists assigned?

When I say available actions, I mean that there is a start and a due date, and today's date is within this time frame. When I say due actions, I mean that it should be orange or red by now.

They are all within projects and contexts.

Some of my due actions are turning up orange, but some are not.
The ones that don't turn orange turn into a small grey font when they are due. This is what I cannot figure out.

I'm getting a grey bubble over the Omnifocus icon in the Dock with a "33" inside of it. This is the first time I've noticed it too. I dont have any due or overdue items, so im not sure what the 33 is referring to.

I think it might be the number of projects I have. Some of my actions are all of a sudden a Bold Grey color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
I'm getting a grey bubble over the Omnifocus icon in the Dock with a "33" inside of it. This is the first time I've noticed it too. I dont have any due or overdue items, so im not sure what the 33 is referring to.
The gray bubble is the number of items waiting to be processed in your Inbox. OmniFocus displays this as a Dock icon badge when there are no "due soon" or "overdue" items (i.e. orange or red items).

I just added a few things to my inbox which brought the bubble to 37 and the total number of things in my inbox to 6.

It looks like the bubble on the icon is also adding actions in projects that have no context.

Last edited by Cameron; 2008-03-27 at 09:11 PM..

Hmm, it certainly sounds like it's showing more than just the actions in your Inbox. Perhaps I am wrong.

To make sure I'm understanding: are you saying actions with no context that are not in your Inbox (i.e. they're part of a project) are increasing the count in the gray bubble?

If that's true, it's new to me. Although, I never really tested that before either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadling View Post
To make sure I'm understanding: are you saying actions with no context that are not in your Inbox (i.e. they're part of a project) are increasing the count in the gray bubble?
That's right. I just tested it to make sure. The actions themselves also have a very bold grey font. Something I hadn't noticed until recently as well. It's definitely different.

Edit: I do like the change though. I need to start adding contexts to more of my items anyway.

Last edited by Cameron; 2008-03-28 at 01:25 PM..