The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Omnifocus 2 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have Omni Focus for iPad and iPhone and I am thinking of getting it for Mac. How well does the Mac work with the iPad and iPhone? Should I wait until Omni Focus 2 comes out? I like the Omni Focus iPad interface and I hear that Omni Focus 2 will be more like that.

All three apps sync together pretty harmoniously.* However, there is some variation in the user interface between them. Some of this variation will be removed in OmniFocus 2. (But we might change the Mac app in other ways, and then the iPad app will be waiting to catch up.) If you want to take OmniFocus for Mac out for a test drive, you can download a free 2 week trial here: http://www.omnigroup.com/products/omnifocus

* If you make a lot of changes on one device and then switch to another, it's wise to sync the first device and then sync the second before making edits on the second to avoid a particular bug that can revert those changes.

Aww, man, for a second there I thought you were offering a test drive of OmniFocus 2!

Thank you Lizard for your response. After reviewing the trial version I am leaning towards getting it. I wish OmniFocus 2 was available, but OmniFocus is wonderful product that I know will help me in getting things done.

I just wanted to point out how funny it is that this question was posted over 3 years ago! I think you were safe to buy OF1 ;)

Yes, it was safe! =)