The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OmniFocus Web App alive and kickin'! Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptone View Post
OK, I'm trying this for this for the first time and I get the error when trying to start the server:

Code:
_ = /usr/local/bin/ruby
RAILS_ENV = development
script/../config/../vendor/rb-appscript-0.3.1/ae.bundle: [BUG] Bus Error
ruby 1.8.5 (2006-08-25) [i686-darwin8.8.1]

Abort trap

I tried installing tha current appscript gem, which went fine, but didn't change this error...

-P
I'm having the same issues as this user on Leopard. Are there some dependencies we may be missing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookscl View Post
I'm having the same issues as this user on Leopard. Are there some dependencies we may be missing?
I'm having exactly the same problem and I'm new to ruby.

Is there an easy way to fix that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan Light View Post
Thanks.

What version of OS X are you on?
Leopard. I also do my on Ruby/Rails dev, so there's a distinct chance that I have some sort of Gem or other version mismatch.

love the webapp! one request: is it possible to have "Add" automatically create the task in the current context?

1) I saw sprugman's post, but I can't figure out how to add my username and password
2) Do you have to run ruby script/server each time you want to use the web app?

Quote:
All,
The web app is written in Ruby on Rails. That was all that I had to hear. You see, I LOVE Ruby. Yes, indeed, I love Ruby with bold CAPITAL letters.
Evan
I'm not a developer by any means so forgive me if this is a dumb end-user question: I have my own domain and my host offers Ruby on Rails support. Would I be able to host this web app on my domain and sync it to the OmniFocus app on my PowerBook?

Thanks.
David

Quote:
Updated original post to include a link to the README and the project's "files" page.

The README has been updated to include rudimentary:
1. installation instructions (firing up the Rails web app)

Feedback would be EXTREMELY useful.
Evan
Please give details on this step in instruction:
4a. If you are on OS X >= 10.5, give Ruby permission to respond to incoming network traffic.

I DON"T KNOW HOW TO DO IT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-Rizzo View Post
I'm not a developer by any means so forgive me if this is a dumb end-user question: I have my own domain and my host offers Ruby on Rails support. Would I be able to host this web app on my domain and sync it to the OmniFocus app on my PowerBook?
Hi, good question. Unfortunately not without some way for the data to get from your laptop to your computer. I'm thinking SSH tunnel or something reasonably involved, so your web host server could access your OF install.
Alternatively keeping a copy of your OF database remotely and then syncing the two may work, but would be fairly involved (without digging into the OF file format things could break quite messily).

Great work on this app guys, I was trying to find a way to sync Remember the Milk last night to iCal todo with no luck - this does it perfectly and I can't wait for future development.
I haven't used Ruby before but have experience with other programming languages and web development (PHP/Perl/CSS/Java) so would be keen to offer help where possible.

Keep up the great work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve View Post
1) I saw sprugman's post, but I can't figure out how to add my username and password
2) Do you have to run ruby script/server each time you want to use the web app?
I just modified the:
config/Settings.plist
file (double clicked to open it from the Finder which brought up a GUI tool to modify it), expanded the "Root" drop down and modified "password" and "user" to be what I wanted.
Restarted the webapp (killed the script and ran it again) and all good.

As for your second point, I'd love someone to offer the simple way to get OS X to run a script on bootup (if possible to add through System Preferences panel or some alternative to creating the whole bootup script daemon tool thingy).

Cheers!

I fixed the bus error bug by going into the vendor/rb-appscript-0.3.1 and rp-appscript-0.5.0 directories and following the install instructions I found there.

Also editing the code for the index.html above fixed my Add button.

cheers,

Carl