The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tracking Time, How to let staff report their time and get that data into OmniPlan? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Anyone using a tool for reporting time worked, and has it integrate it with OmniPlan (project list -> time tracking tool and worked time -> OmniPlan)

Suggestions and ideas most welcome. Preferrably, but not necessarily a web based tool.

Regards,
Palle

The team that I lead (of 22 other members, responsible each for a committee) is organizing an international university conference. None but me uses OmniPlan or Macintosh, so to get the easiest possible way to report on the tasks, their progress, and in turn to report to the group our overall progress, I've created a series of AppleScripts, and script libraries that easily send Excel spreadsheets and emails for each team member to respond. The spreadsheets and the emails are automatically read by AppleScript and used to populate and update OmniPlan (obviously, also automatically). That way, without having to invest the time-consuming effort of manually requesting information from members or updating OmniPlan, I have the latest view on the progress of the project. The users respond to very simple prompts, so that project management does not take any significant time for them or me. Over the next few days I hope to have created AppleScripts to generate reports to publish on the web for the entire team to see. Other than something like this, I don't know of another way to track time relatively effortlessly. Maybe 2.0 will have something to replace this system or make it better.

As far as I can tell, 2.0 hasn't brought any news on the time tracking subject, so, MB_UST, any chance you could post your scripts? I'm in the same situation as you described and I'd really love to get a similar solution up and running. Apart from that, I'd think a lot of others really could benefit from that, too.

Cheers
Stevie

+1 for sharing the scripts :-)

I'm not AppleScript guru and it sounds like a little miracle to me the way you have it working via email.

I would also like a copy of scripts if you share :-)

Hello everyone,

I have information on the scripts for those of you who might be interested.

http://www.ProgTrack.com.

I hope this helps someone.

Ah, too bad I'm only seeing this so late. I had a look at the URL you provided only to find a single PNG. Would be great if you could post them again.

TIA
Stevie

Quote:
Originally Posted by girgen View Post
Anyone using a tool for reporting time worked, and has it integrate it with OmniPlan (project list -> time tracking tool and worked time -> OmniPlan)

Suggestions and ideas most welcome. Preferrably, but not necessarily a web based tool.

Regards,
Palle
Yes, there are some time tracking tools which satisfies your criterion. One of it is Replicon Inc - project tracking software. Moreover its a cloud based software tool too.